Summer starts here!
Edited by: Emily of Sugar & Spice
LINKS À LA MODE: THE IFB WEEKLY ROUND UP: JUNE 21ST
- Capital Fashion: The fashionista’s bucket list
- Citizen Rosebud: 5 Quick Questions for Ari Seth Cohen
- Fashion Pastiche: how to wear hot pink this summer
- Fashion, Trends and More: how to dress stylishly on a dime
- Fashionopolis: dressing stylishly in the rain
- Kaaty McDonald: DIY your own skull and spike statement necklace
- Law Moda: Ikat: a history of this summer’s print
- Lazy cat style: collages for this summer’s trends
- Life.style.flash: working forgotten pieces into your outfits
- Lifestyles of the Thrifty and Shameless: on why the only way to make a statement this season is via a statement necklace
- Lovelee: Summer’s nail palette
- Mia Moore: Asymmetric skirt DIY
- My Vintage Curves: summer of love
- Oranges and Apples: on whether or not we’re out-growing blogging
- Pink Chai Style: Top tips for picking your prefect red lipstick
- She like ruffles, he like ruffles: splurge or save on this season’s most wanted maxi dress
- The Chic Street: some accessory inspiration for brightening your day
- The Closet Coach: When to save and when to splurge on your wardrobe
- The Simply Luxurious Life: Style Commandments to live by
- WWelcome to my Closet: on saying goodbye to an old favourite
Dress; Madewell (best price here)
Jacket; Levi's (available here)
I think this dress is perfect. It's made of silk, its cut will flatter almost all body types and its simplicity makes it versatile. I dressed it down with a denim jacket for a night out in the city. I also plan to wear it to summer weddings, brunch with my girls and casual dinners.
Here are some other awesome outfits I intend to style with this dress:
- With this belt, this hat and this satchel for brunch.
- With these shoes or this clutch to a summer wedding.